Eklund is working hard in the economic circumstances and has been hit by the troubles surrounding General Motors and the impact that has had on Saab.“There’s nothing from Saab this year, that is a mess. It looks like it might get sorted out in a few weeks but the Swedish government does not want to give any money to GM, so perhaps Saab will go bust and then start again as a new Swedish company,” said Eklund.
“We improved the car a little bit in the winter, but everybody else has moved forward too. We could do more, there is more power to come from the engine but you need a really big budget to do that and this year we are just happy to continue.”
At the fourth race for the European championship in Hungary, Eklund qualifies for the C-final. With an 11th, 12th and an 11th overall time in the qualification heats, Eklund starts at the third position in the C-final. And the old Swede from Arvika managed to win this c-final and and secured himself a ticket for the Division 1 B-final.
In this B-final he finish on a 5th position, a 10th place overall! A good result for this weekend!
photos: (C) 2009 by www.erc24.com
Results EC Hungary 2009:
- Michael Jernberg, Skoda Fabia, 20
- Sverre Isachsen, Ford Focus ST, 17
- Jussi Pinomäki, Citroën C4, 15
- Kenneth Hansen, Citroën C4, 13
- Ludvig Hunsbedt, Volvo S40 Mk2, 12
- Andréas Eriksson, Ford Fiesta Mk7, 11
- Jean-Luc Pailler, Peugeot 207, 10
- Frode Holte, Volvo S40 Mk1, 9
- Stig-Olov Walfridsson, Renault Clio Mk3, 8
- Per Eklund, SAAB 9-3 SportSedan, 7
- Ole Kristian Nøttveit, Ford Focus ST, 6
- Pavel Koutný, Ford Fiesta ST, 5
- Liam Doran, Ford Fiesta ST, 4
- László Kiss Jr., Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6, 3
- Olivier Anne, Citroën C4, 2
- Guttorm Lindefjell, Skoda Fabia Mk1/6Y, 1