Again not a good result for Per Eklund at a European Rallycross round, this time at the Slomczyn track in Poland.
Things look great at the timed practice. The car runs good and with a 11th time the team was ready for the weekend.
But after the first qualification heat, things didn't look great afterall. Eklund lost a rear wheel of the Saab 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan. He managed to drive to the finishline, but the time wasn't good. A last position, a 22th time overall.
photos: (c) www.erc24.com
Eklund fought back in the second and third heat, but the results were not enough to take a position in the A, B or C final. He drove twice a 13th position overall in these heats.
With these results, he had a 17th position overall, just outside the c-final. Only the first 16 qualify for the finals..........
- Sverre Isachsen (N) , Ford Focus, 20
- Ole Kristian Nøttveit (N), Ford Focus, 17
- Andréas Eriksson (S), Ford Fiesta, 15
- Kenneth Hansen (S), Citroën C4, 13
- Ludvig Hunsbedt (N), Volvo S40, 12
- Michael Jernberg (S), Škoda Fabia, 11
Next race: Swedish championship, September 27 at the Strängnäs Motorstadion.