Last weekend, Eklund drove the 9th race in the European rallycross season 2008 in the Czech Republic.
In the timed practice, he drove a 12th time overall.
The first qualification heat on Saturday, he took also a 12th time.
The sunday went better. Both heats, second and third he drove to a 8th time overall.
This gave him a 9th position overall, equals a 4th position in the B-final.
In this final, he drove with Jos Kuypers, Andréas Eriksson, Sverre Isachsen, Frode Holte and c-final winner Michael Jernberg.
At the start it was Isachsen with the best start. Eklund took a 6th position, but Eriksson went wide in the first corner and Eklund could pass. The rest of the final was very close racing. Eriksson tried to overtake Eklund, but didn't succeed.
Eklund went on 5th position over the finish line, a 10th position overall.
Look at the on-board film of Eriksson, see a clear view on Eklund! Great!
Thanks to: (c) http://www.mediasport.cz/rallycross/videa
- Kenneth Hansen Citroën C4 20
- Ludvig Hunsbedt Volvo S40 17
- Pavel Koutný Ford Fiesta ST 15
- Sverre Isachsen Ford Focus ST 13
- Olivier Anne Citroën C4 12
- Ole Kristian Nøttveit Ford Focus ST 11
- Jos Kuypers Ford Focus ST 10
- Michael Jernberg Skoda Fabia 9
- Frode Holte Volvo S40 8
- Per Eklund SAAB 9-3 SportSedan 7
- Andréas Eriksson Ford Fiesta ST 6
- Pat Doran Ford Fiesta ST 5
- Jean-Luc Pailler Peugeot 207 4
- Guttorm Lindefjell Skoda Fabia 3
- Stig-Olov Walfridsson Renault Clio RS 2
- Kjell Arne Smerud Citroën Xsara 1
Next weekend: Poland, round 10