At the first race of the FIA European Rallycross championship at Lidden Hill, UK, Toomas Heikkinen finished 6th in the A-final!
The Finnish champion 2010 driver of the Per Eklund Motorsport team drove a very good qualification. The first heat on sunday 24th of April Toomas drive only a 13th time overall. The next day it was much better. The second heat, it was an amazingly good third time overall and in the third heat it was even a second time overall!
These resuls gave the Saab 9-3 driver a direct third place at the start grid of the A-final.
In a finale he was less fortunate. Due to a flat tire, he lost a position and finished 6th. A very good result at this first race.
- Sverre Isachsen (N), Ford Focus
- Marc Laboulle (F), Citroën C4
- Davy Jeanney (F), Citroën C4
- Liam Doran (GB), Citroën C4
- Timur Timerzyanov (Rus), Citroën C4
- Toomas Heikkinen (Fin), SAAB 9-3 ASS
Here some very great onboard videos!